- For security reasons and in keeping with our philosophy, a SwimRun competition recognized by the Be3 competes in teams of two. The teammates may never be more than 10 meters one from each other (except in extreme circumstances). Only the promotion distance, which is never the longest suggested, can be competed individually.
- When a team gives up, it must infrom the organisers as soon as possible
- Any motorised vehicle is forbidden.
- Respect gender diversity. Men and women compete in the same races. Teams can be made up of men, women or mixed.
- There is no age class in a SwimRun competition. We focus on the experience and sharing something together rather than the place in a particular age class.
- If needed, teams must help other teams when required. Our spirit of solidarity goes beyond simple team spirit, to transcend the notion of this as just a race.
- To take part in a SwimRun competition recognized by the Be3, competitors must be at least 16 years old for promotion and medium distances trials, and 18 years old for the long-distance trials.
- Please respect the environment: it is strictly forbidden to throw waste or leave equipment on the track.
- No external assistance is allowed during the race (Included food, beverage, clothes, …)
- Aquatic trial cannot take place if water temperature does not exceed 11°C. Participants are always allowed to wear neoprene rubber wetsuits. If the temperature of a swimming section is lower than 14°C, then, the participants will have to wear an isothermal wetsuit during this section.
- Competitors must be aware that, as part of the competition philosophy, SwimRun is not refereed. In case of disputes, an amicable settlement should take place.
- If you are not a member of a triathlon league, a certificate of less than three months attesting to your good physical health will be requested when you pick up your number
- Participants must be aware of, and strictly adhere to, the rules and regulations.
- CUT OFF : Every time you pass through a food/beverage supply, there will be a CUT OFF time. Competitors must pass through different points before a certain time to be allowed to carry on with the race. We must place a time barrier for security reasons. However, a runner with minimum training sould have no difficult in meeting the time limits.
- S, Promotion : < 10 km running, < 1km swimming in total
- M, Medium distance : between 10 and 25 km running, < 2 km swimming in total
- L, Long distance : more than 25 km running, more than 2 km swimming in total
Aside from some restrictions and obligations, participants are free to use the equipment of their choice (Tether, pull-boy, hand paddles, flippers, …). However, competitors must start and finish the competition carrying the same equipment for the whole trial. Teams that don't respect this rule will be disqualified.
Restriction : maximal length of the flippers cannot exceed 15 cm
Provided by the organiser :
- 2 number signs (bibs)
- 2 swimming caps
- 2 chips (time registration)
Every participant must be in possession of the following equipment during the whole trial :
- Runners must wear shoes
- 1 whistle per participant
The examinations board of the trial :
- Is made up of one official person of the Be3 and/or one official person of one of the two recognized leagues
- Approves the results of the race
- Deals with protests
- Decides disqualifications after the race, if needed
- Only the long distance (XL) is Belgian championship
- The two team members must be Belgian and in order of licence to have the chance to be elected Belgian champion team
- Only the first team in the general classification (1st time in the scratch) will be designated Belgian champion.
A protest can be made verbally to the official, who will make a decision in the spirit of SwinRun.
Cancellation free of charge for all registrations in order of payment made before 31 January 2021.
Beyond that date:
50% up to 12 weeks before the event
25% up to 12 weeks before the event
No refunds from 4 weeks before the event.
In the event that we are forced to cancel our events due to the COVID-19 epidemic (which is not the case at the moment), you will have the choice between 3 options concerning your registration
- Remboursement de 95% du montant de l’inscription (Des frais sont d’ores et déjà engagés pour 2021)
- Postpone your registration to our EcoSwimRun Belgium (Robertville) on August 28 or to the 2022 edition, free of charge
- Donation of all or part of the registration fee to our organisation. We have already had to incur costs for this edition, so you will help our young organisation to survive this crisis.